One of the hurdles for an online classroom is allowing users to participate in a live discussion. Zoom offers robust collaboration and engagement tools as part of its standard free license, including the ability to connect using VoIP or via traditional phone when internet is not available. Administrators, teachers, parents, and students also have access to:
HD audio and video
Quick Install Process:
1) Go to the site: zoom.us
2) Click on Sign In in the top right corner
3) Select Sign in with Google (This will log you in using your CENet login)
4) Select Join or Host a Meeting in the top right corner
5) When prompted, install the Zoom application to your device
Using Zoom - Starting up:
1) The Zoom app will then open. Select Sign in with Google
2) Your browser may open to allow you to sign in. Make sure to use your CENet login details. When prompted, press Open Zoom.us
Using Zoom - Hosting a Meeting:
1) Select the orange button (New Meeting)
2) When prompted, select whether or not to also Join with Computer Audio
3) To allow people to join your meeting; select the 'i' in the top left corner of the screen. Copy the invitation URL and password, and share this with people who will join the meeting. If you are on a SCS Business Plan, you can also click on the 'Invite Others' on the home screen of your Zoom page. This will then allow you to email recipients directly.
4) When you finish; click End Meeting in the bottom-right corner. When prompted, press End Meeting for All.
Using Zoom - Joining a Meeting:
1) Make sure that you've followed the steps above to start Zoom.
2) Select the blue + button (Join)
3) Type the Meeting ID in the space provided, then press Join
3a) You may also have been given the link to join a Zoom meeting via email. Click on the link in the email to join the meeting. Make sure that you already have Zoom installed.