Besides taking notes, the iOS Notes app is also a powerful tool that makes scanning documents easy...
Scanning the Document
1. Have your document laid out in front of you in your workspace. Have it flipped to the first page. This will be the first page you start scanning.
2. Open the Notes app and go to the home page. It is the one that stores all of your notes in folders.
3. Select the +folder icon and create a new folder.
4. Give it a title, such as “Trial Examinations”. This will be the area where you conduct your scans so that they are organised away from any other work.
5. Create a new note by selecting the icon on the bottom-right of the page. Enter a name for your note, then press Return on the keyboard. This will make sure your files are organised, and it will prevent confusion later.
6. Begin scanning by selecting the camera icon.
7. Hold your device over the page you wish to scan, then press the white shutter button. Crop the image so that it fills the page, and then save the image. Continue scanning until every page that you need is scanned.
8. Now that you have everything scanned, press the Save button to save all scanned images as one single PDF file. If you forgot to scan a page, select the PDF document and press the ‘+’ icon on the bottom-left, and add more scanned pages by following the above steps.
9. The PDF should now be saved within the notes document. Select it, then press the yellow text at the top to rename the PDF. Rename it to something like the following:
<Student Number> - <Subject Name> - <dd/mm/yyyy>
Uploading the Document using AirDrop
1. Select the PDF document you have scanned and press the share button located in the upper right corner.
2. Select the AirDrop option, and look for your MacBook device.
3. Select your device, and the PDF should appear in your Downloads folder on your MacBook.